The "Moka Shawo" coffee beans come from the region of Guji in Ethiopia. This specialty coffee was sourced and freshly roasted for slow coffee brewing methods by the Cafés Lugat team. It is a balanced coffee with notes of strawberry, blackberry, lemongrass and jasmine. Micro lot. 250g pack.
Presentation of this coffee:
This Moka Shawo coffee comes from the wild forest of Dambi Udho in the region of Guji, near the city of Shakiso.
About ten years ago, part of this forest was transformed into a plantation (150 hectares), preserving an area where the production of coffee mixes with other complementary crops such as honey or wood.
This parcel is called "Shawo", a tree that has a very positive impact on coffee growth. We are here on a rather high altitude (2070-2120m), with wild coffee trees originating from the forest of Sadhe.
The trees in this plantation serve not only as shade like in most conventional farms, but also participate in a productive and beneficial forest system on many levels:
- From an agronomic point of view, trees help to fight against soil erosion and offer better resistance to heat due to the flow of rainwater in the ground.
- Economically speaking, the production of intercrops in this system of coffee forests allows the production of additional resources such as honey, ginger or firewood.
- Finally, it is a very good method of preserving biodiversity. With an average of 10 to 15 tree species per forest in well-preserved areas, these coffee forests help preserving biodiversity.
It is most certainly the income related to coffee production that makes this agro-forestry model possible. Coffee production financially supports these forests and ensures the preservation of its diverse ecosystem, with a rich fauna and flora. With the variety of soils and tree species, Dambi Uddo adds a demanding environmental ethic: the work is done by hand, without any chemicals.
Cafés Lugat boasts a team of enthusiastic young coffee roasters who select exceptional coffees and create irresistible recipes just for you. Through their range of coffee beans, ground coffees and Nespresso® compatible capsules, their mission is to bring you the unique flavour and aromas from the world's best coffee-producing areas!
Their passion for coffee has even won them awards. Marco, the brand's head roaster, was awarded the French Barista Championship title at the 2017 French Championships.
- n°203 in Coffee > Coffee beans
- n°37 in Coffee > Specialty coffee
- Most selling items in Cafés Lugat
- Ethiopian Moka Coffee
- Arabica Coffee
- French Coffee
- Organic Products
- Costa Rican Coffee
- Brazilian Coffee