A closer look at appelations
This Moka Hilimi coffee is a Terroir coffee
|A Label Coffee : a superior-quality coffee that corresponds to a certain coffee-growing region|
|A Terroir Coffee: high-quality coffee, renowned for the distinctiveness of its soil|
|A Microlot : a terroir coffee grown on a specific plot known for its exceptional quality and specific preparation|
You will be surprised by this Ethiopian coffee with its acidic and floral attack. Its round body reveals a beautiful sweetness and notes of caramelised pecans. Hilimi Mocha offers a subtle and balanced cup with a long finish and cereal aromas.
* The coffee shop finder (Cafés Lugat)
Decaffeinated with CO2
This coffee has been decaffeinated with CO2. CO2 (O-C-O molecule) is naturally present in the air we breathe or in the carbonated water we drink. During the decaffeination process, it is used in its supercritical state, i.e. between its liquid and gas phase. It then extracts the caffeine selectively while retaining the aroma molecules in the beans. This gives a better result in the cup than coffees decaffeinated with water and without solvent.
For the record...
Ethiopia, the cradle of coffee, grows exclusively the "Arabica" botanical species at altitudes of between 1,500 and 2,300 metres above sea level.
The higher the coffee is grown, the better the organoleptic quality of the roasted beans, especially in terms of liveliness.
Ethiopian coffees are called "Mocha coffees" because they were once exported from the Port of Mocha in Yemen, on the Arabian Peninsula. There are several types of Mocha.
With 400,000 hectares of cultivated areas, coffee still occupies a central place in the Ethiopian economy, especially in terms of foreign exchange.
The country is the 5th largest producer and the 10th largest exporter in the world. 60% of the production is exported, i.e. 172,000 tons/year.
Coffee trees are grown: under natural forest shade (15%), semi-forest (35%), in association with other crops (35%) or in intensive plantations (15%).
80% of the coffees are so-called "natural" coffees because they are dry-processed and the remaining 20% are so-called "washed" coffees.
Almost all producers do not use chemical inputs. Ethiopian coffee could be recognised as organic, but the country has not set up certification, as it is probably too expensive.
Cafés Lugat boasts a team of enthusiastic young coffee roasters who select exceptional coffees and create irresistible recipes just for you. Through their range of coffee beans, ground coffees and Nespresso® compatible capsules, their mission is to bring you the unique flavour and aromas from the world's best coffee-producing areas!
Their passion for coffee has even won them awards. Marco, the brand's head roaster, was awarded the French Barista Championship title at the 2017 French Championships.
- n°549 in Coffee Beans
- n°133 in Coffee Beans > Specialty Coffee Beans
- Most selling items in Cafés Lugat
- Decaffeinated Coffee
- Ethiopian Moka Coffee
- Arabica Coffee
- French Coffee
- Costa Rican Coffee