The Monsooned Malabar green coffee beans come from the Karnataka region in India. 1 kg bag. MUST BE ROASTED BEFORE CONSUMPTION.
Our Monsooned Malabar AA is an Arabica exposed to the humidity of the air on the west coast of South India.
It is housed in special warehouses. The monsoon winds around the coffee beans make them swell and give them a musty taste. This process yellows the beans, reduces their acidity and makes them syrupy.
The process is divided into three stages:
1) The coffee beans are spread over a thickness of 15 to 20 cm for 4 to 5 days in open warehouses. They are stirred from time to time in order to always be exposed to the dampness of the atmosphere.
2) The coffee beans are carefully put into bags, put away and stored with enough space between them so the the monsoon winds can get through them. A few weeks later, the coffee beans turn a golden yellow colour and that's when it becomes "Monsooned".
3) Then coffee beans are then sorted by hand to eliminate bad beans that didn't "monsoon" as they should have, as they could affect the organoleptic qualities of a good cup of coffee.
- n°5 in Coffee > Green Coffee (unroasted)
- Most selling items in Café Compagnie