Café Frappé: The best recipe
Today, I’d like to teach you my favourite recipe for café frappé. It’s refreshing, it’s tasty, it’s different, and I guarantee it’ll be a hit with your friends!
What is a café frappé?
There are plenty of different recipes for making chilled coffee, and each one offers a slightly different taste. Either you can brew a hot coffee and then chill it using ice cubes, or you can brew the coffee using cold water from the start (unimaginatively known as a Cold Brew). But bear in mind: a café frappé is not the same as an iced coffee.
My recipe for café frappé
- Coffee (2 espressi)
- 5 ice cubes
- Optional: 7 ml of cane sugar (crystals or liquid)
- 1 tall glass
- Make 2 espressi
- Pour the espressi into a blender and add the sugar
- Wait for the sugar to dissolve, then add the ice cubes
- Stir it all together into a lovely, light brown mousse
- Serve immediately in a tall glass and enjoy while it's still chilled!
This café frappé recipe is the perfect way to treat your guests – around the swimming pool, why not?! – to an extra-special, tasty drink surprisingly low in calories.
But nothing’s stopping you from getting creative and adding your own special ingredients to make it even more indulgent: a scoop of ice cream (how about vanilla or coffee?), whipped cream, chocolate sauce… I’ll leave the rest to your imagination!
I look forward to seeing the photos of your own creations!!